Lip fillers are a cosmetic procedure that is used to enhance the shape of your lips. The procedure is usually performed by a medical professional. The best time for this procedure would be after puberty when most people have lost some volume from their lips due to hormonal changes and aging.
You must have heard so many things about lip fillers and wondered which is true and which is not. So many people have so many opinions about lip fillers that it is hard to decide what is right and what is wrong.
You’ll learn all the details on lip fillers including where they come from, how long they last, their side effects, and much more! We hope this article helps clear up any confusion you may have had before deciding whether or not to get them done.
- The myth that surgeons are injecting your lips with silicon is completely incorrect. Most commonly, lip fillers are either made up of collagen or Hyaluronic Acid (HA). Both of the substances make the lips plump up and maximize their potential. HA can also help retain water in the area of the lips which can give it a more natural but fuller look.
- The myth that lip fillers are extremely painful is also false. There may be a case where the doctor was not qualified enough for the surgery, resulting in pain but if the person carrying out the treatment is good enough, you won’t be in pain. There have been cases where people denied the treatment before it can even be completed due to this myth.
- The myth that there is a one-size-fits-all approach to lip filler injections is wrong on so many levels. The effect of lip fillers is very different from person to person. Doctors usually ask about your lifestyle details and also test your skin type before deciding which type is best suited for you.
- You may have heard that lip fillers are dangerous to use and can cause reactions but it is a myth. The truth is that they are absolutely safe and are very convenient to maintain and you will adjust very quickly once you have the procedure done.
- You must have heard most people say that lip fillers are permanent and you can not go back to your originals lips once you have started the procedure. Lip fillers are actually not permanent. Yes, they eventually vanish. Your body absorbs the filler over time. Fillers last approximately 6-12 months.
- You may experience bleeding from the area where lip fillers are injected. Bruising, redness, tenderness, and swelling at the site of injection are also common during or after the procedure. You may see some cases where cold sores and fever blister are reactivated but all of these are possibilities and not compulsions.
In summary, if you want lip fillers and think you will feel more confident in your skin with the lip fillers, go get them. There’s always good and bad in everything but most of the things about lip fillers are good. So don’t worry about it being painful or lip fillers being permanent and go for it.